With everything people have been dealing with the past few years, it's easy to see how mental health has taken on more importance than ever before. Although more people have been diagnosed and treated since the pandemic started, the reality is that none of that happens if people don't reach out for help. It's a sign that people are starting to speak up.
Unsurprisingly, it's not often enough. Our featured company this week, OLLY, gives back to a number of charitable organizations focused on mental health. They say the average person waits 11 years before seeking support.
Eleven years...and that's the average! Consider all the people who may never get support.
If improving that figure resonates with you, you'll find a few OLLY opportunities below. If you have another mission in mind, there are more in store below:
OLLY is a public benefit corporation specializing in supplements and partners with the JED Foundation to improve mental health. I might be biased as a western guy, but I love their Camp OLLY office vibe – there's even a picture on the website that screams campfire chats with colleagues.
- VP Brand Strategy – San Francisco, CA
- Procurement Associate – San Francisco, CA
- Quality Business Systems Manager – Remote
- Sr. Sales Manager- Walmart – Remote
Amy's is no stranger to your local grocery store as one of the most popular organic food brands around. They offer paid volunteer time off and a unique onsite benefit I haven't come across before: health centers at each plant that provide affordable healthcare services.
- Recruiter – Pocatello, ID or Santa Rosa, CA
- Production Manager – Pocatello, ID
- People Business Manager – Pocatello, ID
- Project Engineer – Pocatello, ID
- People Adminstrator – Pocatello, ID
- Training Specialist – White City, OR
- Inventory Coordinator – White City, OR
Above Green is a consultancy specializing in sustainable building certifications. One thing I love about these roles is that they allow people to grow into them in the first few months. For example, one of the goals for new hires is to study for and complete the LEED GA Accreditation. With remote work as an option, these seem like the ideal starting point for a career in sustainability.
- Building Commissioning Agent – Remote
- Sustainability Consultant – Remote
- Sustainability Internship – Remote
Tech Networks of Boston supports all things IT for purpose-driven organizations, be they nonprofit or for-profit companies. They have some great sustainability initatives, but their workforce development programs stand out the most to me. Technology continues to be one of the best career paths for a stable income, and they're helping more people develop the skills to make that career path their own.
- Junior IT Consultant – South Boston, MA
- IT Help Desk Technician – South Boston, MA
- NOC Senior Technician – South Boston, MA
HAYVN is a coworking space in Connecticut that invests in community first and foremost. Two ways they do that are by connecting female entrepreneurs and offering community workshops and programs designed to help them grow skills and find funding. If you like the idea of supporting great people building something special, check out the opportunities here.
- Community Manager – Darien, CT
- Event Coordinator – Darien, CT
- HAYVN Host – Darien, CT
- HAYVN Office Admin – Darien, CT
Rescue Agency is a unique full-service marketing agency compared to those we usually feature in the newsletter. They specifically focus on helping people adopt positive behaviors that improve their health. Naturally, this means they work with a lot of government agencies and healthcare companies. This is about as close to "change agent" as we get each week – if that's a moniker you'd like to wear on a daily basis, there are a lot of opportunities to make a difference here.
- Account Manager – Remote
- Account Supervisor – Remote
- Associate Director of Experience Design – Remote
- Copywriter – Remote
- Director of Strategy - Nutrition & Childcare – Remote
- Associate Director of Strategy - Tobacco & Cannabis – San Diego, CA
- Human Resources Business Partner – Remote
- Integrated Marketing Strategist – Remote
- IT Help Desk Support Coordinator – Remote, CA
- Marketing Analyst – Remote
Sunrise Banks is a community bank in Minnesota that drives social impact through a variety of efforts, whether that's donating a portion of income to charity, giving employees a whopping 40 hours of paid volunteer time, or partnering with other banks to improve the impact of the sector as a whole. Seriously, click on the Impact tab at the top of the page and check out how engaged they are in the community – it's seriously impressive stuff, even compared to the kind of crowd we keep around here.
- Retail Banker – St. Paul, MN
- Bank Teller – Minneapolis, MN
- Accounting Specialist – St. Paul, MN
- Executive Assistant – St. Paul, MN
- Compliance Analyst – St. Paul, MN
- Director of Communications – St. Paul, MN
- Director of Bank Marketing & Brand – St. Paul, MN
- SVP - Marketing & Communications – St. Paul, MN
- Commercial Loan Officer – St. Paul, MN
Payactiv specializes in Earned Wage Access, which is when an employee gets access to money they've earned before their paycheck arrives. This is especially impactful for people who live paycheck to paycheck, and Payactiv is hiring a Client Onboarding Specialist to help more employees take advantage of this benefit. They offer tuition assistance if you're interested in continuing education and career development.
- Client Onboarding Specialist – San Jose, CA
Time for a mental health day? You deserve it.