This week, a beauty company ups the ante on personal care, fashion resolves to stand the test of time, and plastics get super squeaky clean to support reuse.
If you've ever bought a personal care product and looked at the ingredients, you might feel like you need a chemistry degree to decode it. It turns out that Europe is far more restrictive than the United States when it comes to ingredients in personal-care products, and our leading employer this week is resolving to change that. We think they're a great example of how social impact can align business development with stakeholder capitalism that balances people, planet, and profit.
They're not alone either! Here are this week's social impact job opportunities:
Beautycounter is a beauty brand on a mission to get safer products into the hands of everyone. It's one thing to make your products safer, but Beautycounter has a distinct activist bent that sets them apart – they are working to change the laws around personal-care products to make them healthier across the industry.
- E-Commerce Merchandising Analyst – Santa Monica, CA
- Manager, Corporate Accounting – Santa Monica, CA
- Coordinator, Product Development – Santa Monica, CA
- Senior Manager, Product Development - Color – Santa Monica, CA
- R&D Chemist, Operations – Santa Monica, CA
Heller Consulting builds technology solutions for nonprofits, and their current job opportunity is focused on the Microsoft Power Platform. We love that they offer a volunteer day each year so their employees can give back in a way that resonates with them.
- Power Platform Consultant – Remote
Frank & Eileen is a slow fashion brand with its roots in sustainability. They're 100% women-owned and a Certified B Corporation – you know we love those!
- E-Commerce Customer Service Specialist – Los Angeles, CA
- Senior Designer – Los Angeles, CA
- Site Marketing Manager – Los Angeles, CA
- Sales Assistant - West Coast – Los Angeles, CA
- Distribution and Fulfillment Manager – Los Angeles, CA
- Sales Assistant - East Coast – New York, NY
Closed Loop Partners is an investment firm focused on developing the circular economy, investing in companies that think about the end of a product's life and how to recycle or reuse the waste. It's financing with the environment front and center – how cool is that?
- General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer – New York, NY
- Director, Finance & Strategy – New York, NY
- Senior Associate to Director, Circular Services Investments – New York, NY
- Engineering Lead (Anaerobic Digestion) – New York, NY or Austin, TX
- Program Manager – New York, NY
- Analyst / Associate, Private Credit Funds – New York, NY
- Ventures Summer Intern – New York, NY
PureCycle helps turn the polypropylene you recycle into reusable plastic. Some of the barriers to reusing these types of plastics are the color, odor, and performance – PureCycle purifies the plastic so it can be used in more applications, helping it become a resource that can be used over and over again.
P.S. Closed Loop Partners invested in them! Good people tend to find other good people.
- Process Engineer – Ironton, OH
- Human Resource Specialist – Ironton, OH
- Maintenance E&I Technician – Ironton, OH
- Rail Transportation Manager – Orlando, FL
- Project Manager – Orlando, FL
- Pilot Plant Process Engineer – Ironton, OH
- IT Program Manager – Orlando, FL
- Senior Procurement Specialist - MRO Buyer – Houston, TX or Orlando, FL
- Logistics Manager – Orlando, FL
- HRIS Manager – Orlando, FL
- Preprocessing Technician – Ironton, OH
Positive Energy Solar is an employee-owned solar installer in New Mexico that has been in business for over 25 years. They've been named one of the best places to work in Albuquerque and regularly give back to the community – this year they started donating to a local food pantry with every solar panel installation sold.
- Site Surveyor - Solar – Santa Fe, NM
- Commercial Project Manager – Santa Fe, NM
- Commercial Project Manager Assistant – Albuquerque, NM
- Project Manager – Albuquerque, NM
- Project Manager Assistant – Santa Fe, NM
- Solar Service Technician – Albuquerque, NM
Jitasa is an international accounting and bookkeeping services provider that works exclusively with nonprofits. A career here is a great way to support a variety of organizations making the world a better place – perfect for the person who likes to mix things up from time to time!
- Accounting Representative – Remote
- Nonprofit CFO Client Advisor – Remote
Catchafire is a platform that connects nonprofits to pro bono volunteers with a wide variety of skills. If you're not ready to make social impact a full-time gig, consider checking out Catchafire from the user perspective – you could help out a nonprofit that needs someone like you to advance their mission!
- Director, Growth – Remote
- Senior People Operations Manager – Remote
- Associate Interaction Designer – Remote
- Sales Enablement Manager – Remote
- Account Executive – Remote
I continue to be inspired by people like you who want to make the world a little bit brighter. Let's get after those job applications this week and take the next step!