Weekly Jobs Roundup: Universal Computing Edition
This week, Revivn gives your work computer another life, Marmoset brings a community of musicians together, and The Trevor Project helps end LGBTQ suicide.
If you're like me, you've seen your fair share of technology pass through your hands: new phones and computers replaced every few years to keep up with the latest demands of modern life. What happens to all the technology that gets left behind?
Our featured company this week, Revivn, is helping give that technology a new lease on life. They help companies recycle their old computing assets – essentially, managing what happens to your old computer when your company decides to give you a new one.
Doing so benefits enterprises, sure, but by rescuing this technology from the landfill, they're able to partner with organizations like Teach for America to expand the number of people with access to a computer. I love a win-win situation, don't you?
Here are this week's social impact job opportunities:
Revivn is reviving used enterprise IT equipment to bring computing to more people around the world. They help companies recycle their old electronics and repurpose them so they can be used by people who don't normally have access to a computer. We're particularly excited about the potential impact on education – consider how important computer access has been throughout the pandemic!
- Engineering Manager – Remote
- Computer Repair Technician – San Leandro, CA
- Logistics Coordinator – Brooklyn, NY
- Warehouse Associate – Brooklyn, NY
- GM, Market Operations – Brooklyn, NY
Tom's of Maine is no stranger to social impact – they donate 10% of their profits to nonprofit organizations. Employees have some very unique benefits as well: summer hours are shortened to take advantage of the weather, and up to 5% of your paid time can be spent volunteering. If you are interested in natural personal care, this is one to check out!
- Micro Lab Supervisor – Sanford, ME
- Finishing Technician – Sanford, ME
- Operations Associate – Sanford, ME
- Making Technician – Sanford, ME
- Automation Engineer – Sanford, ME
- HR Business Partner/Manager – Sanford, ME
- Customer and Agency Manager – Kennebunk, ME
Marmoset is a creative music licensing agency that helps companies license and produce music for their projects. In addition to being a Certified B Corp, they were named one of Inc. Magazine's "Best Places to Work" in 2017. Like Tom's of Maine, they give 10% of their profits to local organizations and offer paid volunteer days.
- Creative Partnerships Director for TV, Film & Advertising // Canada – Remote
- Creative Partnerships Director for TV, Film & Advertising // Europe – Remote
- Creative Partnerships Director - Sports Entertainment – Remote
- Creative Partnerships Director // Trailers for TV, Film and Video Games – Remote
- Financial Analyst // Revenue Operations – Portland, OR (Hybrid)