Weekly Jobs Roundup: Independent Publishing Edition
Welcome to our weekly jobs roundup in a new format! This week, we wanted to celebrate our new digs at Ghost with job opportunities from some of the companies that inspire us the most.
Welcome to our weekly jobs roundup in a new format! Last week we mentioned that we were leaving Revue as our publishing platform, and this issue marks our first with Ghost. We all need a fresh coat of paint once in a while, right?
Crucially, we wanted to find a partner that felt like the kind of company we would feature on One Work. Ghost stood out to us for its focus on independent publishing and their status as a nonprofit organization. They're hiring a Product Engineer (Back-end) with a focus on Node.js if you'd like to help create the future of independent publishing!
Ghost gives us new ways to help you find a meaningful career, and we'll have more to share soon as we roll out new features. One of those includes tailoring your newsletter interests, so to kick things off we're separating our weekly jobs roundup from social impact news.
This week, we wanted to celebrate our new digs with job opportunities from some of the companies that inspire us the most. Without further ado, here are this week's social impact job opportunities:
Participant is a media company with a focus on driving social change at the intersection of art and activism. You have likely seen one of their productions before: they've been nominated for 85 Academy Awards since the company was founded in 2004.
- Manager, People and Culture – Los Angeles, CA
- Manager, Talent Acquisition – Los Angeles, CA
- Vice President, Post-Production and Technical Servicing – Los Angeles, CA
- SVP, Production, Narrative Films – Los Angeles, CA
The Marshall Project is a news organization focused on the U.S. criminal justice system. They have won the Pulitzer Prize on multiple occasions, and their reporting has inspired policy reform.
- Development Operations Manager – New York, NY
- Major Gifts Officer – New York, NY
- 2023 Summer Intern – New York, NY
You know the Wikimedia Foundation from all those times you visited a Wikipedia page, but they have other projects like Wikimedia Commons and Wikibooks as well. Each helps advance the vision of free knowledge for all.
- Principal Major Gifts Officer – Remote
- Senior Software Engineer – Wikimedia Enterprise – Remote
- Principal Investment Manager – Remote
- Legal Fellow (Summer 2023) – Remote
- Engineering Manager – Platform Engineering – Remote
- Site Reliability Engineer (Database) – Remote
- Director of Product Security – Remote
- Senior Site Reliability Engineer – Platform – Remote
- Staff Site Reliability Engineer (Traffic) – Remote