Everybody loves a good partnership: peanut butter and jelly, movies and popcorn...heck, social impact's own Ben & Jerry of ice cream fame came together to give the world cookie dough ice cream. Our lives have never been the same.
Partnership is central to our featured company this week, Bonterra. There are a lot of companies that exist to support other companies, and there are a lot that support social impact companies specifically. Bonterra falls in the latter category, but it's more than that: they're a collection of companies that specialize in one area of support, whether it's fundraising, mobilizing a community of supporters, helping with grant writing, and so on.
I love this idea that social impact companies can come together to do more. There are examples of these ties elsewhere as well, whether it's a local community of B Corps or pledges to do more with profits. I just rarely see these companies come together in the way that Bonterra has.
Many more social impact opportunities await – let's jump in:
Bonterra is a social good software company that powers those who power social impact. You've probably heard of a number of their clients, like Toys for Tots, the Audubon Society, and the Sierra Club; their software is used by a wide range of social impact organizations, including nonprofits, foundations, corporations, and government agencies. I've captured a few jobs here, but if you scroll down to the footer on the website, you'll find they are comprised of a number of businesses, and sometimes they hire independently as well.
- Program Director – Remote
- Salesforce Analyst – Remote
- Salesforce Developer – Remote
- Salesforce Administrator – Remote
- Pre-Sales Solutions Architect Director – Austin, TX
- Senior Director, Enablement – Austin, TX
Workit Health is a telemedicine platform that provides medication-assisted treatment and support for people struggling with substance use disorders like opioid addiction. If you have a medical license, they have even more opportunities on their website. Note that some of the roles here are entry-level – perfect if you're looking to break into a social impact career.
- Controller – Remote
- Access and Response Team Associate – Remote
- Credentialing Specialist – Remote
- Medical Assistant – Remote
TiER1 Impact is a social impact consulting firm that helps small and mid-sized businesses grow while preserving their culture and values. I'm particularly excited about their Change Management roles because your work would help other organizations become better versions of themselves.
- Change Management Consultant – Boston, MA or Pittsburgh, PA
- Change Management Strategist – Boston, MA or Pittsburgh, PA
- Change and Communications Consultant – Boston, MA
- Project Manager – Cincinnati, OH; Covington, KY; Indianapolis, IN; or Pittsburgh, PA
Seventh Generation likely needs no introduction – they're a certified B Corp that makes cleaning and personal care products with a focus on sustainability. Part of the reason they made the list this week is because they're offering a number of internship and early-career opportunities. The Unilever Future Leaders Program is a rotational development program, meaning you work with a number of different groups out of college to gain a broad set of experience.
- 2024 Process Development Summer Internship – Remote
- 2024 Food Science Summer Internship - United States – Remote
- Amazon Customer Business Development Manager – Remote
- Unilever Future Leaders Program 2024 - Supply Chain – Remote
- Unilever Future Leaders Program 2024 - Finance – Remote
Creature Comforts Brewing Co. is a brewery that crafts tasty beers while also giving back to the community through its Get Comfortable and Brew for One programs. The latter is really cool – they pick a person each year and brew a beer whose proceeds support them or a cause that memorializes them. A few examples of past work can be found here.
- Brand Activation Specialist – Athens, GA
- Warehouse Specialist – Athens, GA
- Sales Specialist – Athens, GA
- Taproom Staff – Los Angeles, CA
Uncommon Goods is a certified B Corp that specializes in gifts from independent artists and makers around the world. Given that we're getting to that time of year again, they're looking to hire quite a bit of seasonal help. They do need HR support full-time, however, so don't shy away if a short-term role isn't of interest.
- Human Resources/Payroll Associate – Brooklyn, NY
- Human Resources/Recruiting Associate – Brooklyn, NY
- Seasonal Virtual Experiences Facilitator – Brooklyn, NY
- Seasonal Inventory Associate – Brooklyn, NY
- Seasonal Inventory Control Lead – Brooklyn, NY
- Seasonal Warehouse Team Lead – Brooklyn, NY
- Seasonal Merchant Operations Associate – Brooklyn, NY
- Seasonal Part-Time Art Customizer – Remote
Foothold helps human services make a bigger impact on the lives of the people they serve with software that helps them manage their programs and services more efficiently and effectively. Their software is used by a wide range of human service agencies, including mental health providers, homeless shelters, and employment training programs.
- Content Marketing Manager – Remote
- Director of Engineering – New York, NY
- Product Marketing Manager – Remote
Thesis is a digital agency that is passionate about humanizing the relationship between people and brands. They have a bunch of ERGs – "employee resource groups" – that celebrate diversity and connection at work. This is the first digital agency we've come across with such a structured commitment to employee support, so if you are a seasoned agency pro, check out these opportunities.
- Account Director – Portland, OR
- Brand Field Rep/Product Expert - Retail – Houston, TX; New York, NY; or Los Angeles, CA
- Retail Manager - Account Supervisor – Houston, TX; New York, NY; or Los Angeles, CA
- Design Director – Portland, OR
- Benefits & Leaves Specialist – Portland, OR
- Senior Producer - Email Marketing – Portland, OR
Bi-Rite is a Certified B Corp creating community through food, offering a wide range of fresh produce, prepared foods, and other goods at their two market locations and creamery. If you want to make a difference and are looking for something a bit more hands-on and customer-focused, they're worth checking out.
- Catering Service & Operations Associate – San Francisco, CA
- Production Baker – San Francisco, CA
- Cheese Specialist – San Francisco, CA
- Deli Server – San Francisco, CA
- Kitchen and Deli Assistant Department Manager – San Francisco, CA
- Produce + Flower Clerk – San Francisco, CA
Thanks for reading the newsletter each week! If there's a way for One Work to be a better partner in your job search, just reply – we love helping out.