Impact Jobs Roundup: Global Lending Edition
This week, Kiva connects lenders to underserved communities around the world, New Story tackles homelessness to powerful economic effect, and Rubicon envisions a world without waste.
This week, we're giving it up for microlending where people provide small loans to individuals or businesses in countries around the world. With access to microloans, individuals can invest in their businesses, education, and communities with positive ripple effects on the local economy.
In many cases, these loans can mean the difference between financial stability and poverty. The best part is that these are loans, not donations – when loans are paid back, the capital can be reinvested in the next business, creating a powerful wave of economic prosperity. It's social impact at low cost and high return.
Our featured company this week, Kiva, has helped facilitate over $1.6 billion of microloans to nearly 4 million borrowers, positively impacting the lives of individuals and communities in over 75 countries. Through Kiva's platform, lenders have the opportunity to make a tangible difference in the lives of people in need and support the growth of microfinance as a means of poverty alleviation.
Many of the companies in our newsletter this week are working globally like Kiva. If you want to change the world, this is your week! Let's get to the job opportunities:
Kiva is a nonprofit that crowdfunds loans for entrepreneurs and small business owners in underserved communities around the world. Their impact numbers are impressive across the board – this is an organization where you can truly have a global impact.
- Chief Technology Officer – Portland, OR or San Francisco, CA
- Senior Machine Learning Engineer – Remote
- Director of Accounting Operations – Remote
- User Funds Accounting Analyst – Remote
- Manager, Strategic Partnerships – Remote
- Impact Content Manager – Remote
Thrive Market is an online grocer and Certified B Corp that specializes in healthy and sustainable products. For every membership purchased, they give away one to someone in need.
- Senior Accountant – Remote
- Sr. Accounting Systems Manager – Remote
- Lead Data Analyst – Remote
- Lead Data Engineer – Remote
- Quality Assurance Engineer – Remote
- Senior iOS Engineer – Remote
- Fulfillment Site Director – Batesville, IN
- Operations Manager, Fulfillment – Wilkes-Barre, PA
- Growth Marketing Manager, Search & Shopping – Remote
New Story is a nonprofit helping to end homelessness around the world by building communities to house families. To date, they have impacted more than 14,000 lives in Haiti, El Salvador, Mexico, and Bolivia.
- Prospect Researcher – Remote
- Director of Development, Major Gifts – Remote
- Senior Philanthropy Officer – Remote
- Senior Manager of Institutional Giving – Remote