Impact Jobs Roundup: Global Collaboration Edition
This week, the Atlantic Council builds a coalition to tackle international challenges, Next Street drives investments to small businesses with underrepresented owners, and Solectrac electrifies the agricultural industry.
The challenges we face today – poverty, inequality, climate change, and so many others – are not confined by borders or limited to a single community. They are global in nature, and they demand a collective effort.
When we venture into the world of social impact, we inevitably find ourselves navigating complex systems, policies, and institutions. It's like trying to find your way through a labyrinth with invisible walls. Collaboration on a global scale requires more than just good intentions and well-meaning efforts – we need strong relationships.
That brings us to our featured company this week, the Atlantic Council. They are a think tank focused on challenges at the scale of global collaboration – things like energy security, defense, economic opportunity, and yes, democracy and freedom. If your brand of social impact includes a touch of diplomacy, this is a great career path for making a difference.
Whether your social impact journey leads you to Washington, DC or not, we have some job opportunities this week that are worth a look:
The Atlantic Council provides research, analysis, and policy recommendations on issues ranging from security and defense to energy and technology. Although they are hiring for a number of director-level positions, they also have a few entry level job opportunities if you're new to the workforce or looking to change careers.
- Project Assistant – Washington, DC
- Video Producer – Washington, DC
- Director of Development – Washington, DC
- Associate Director, Communications and Editorial – Washington, DC
- Associate Director, GeoTech Center – Washington, DC
- Director, South Asia Center – Washington, DC
- Research Associate, Executive Office – Washington, DC
- Director, Scowcroft Strategy Initiative – Washington, DC
- Assistant Director, Events – Washington, DC
Bigelow Tea has been making tea for over 75 years and are keenly focused on their environmental impact. They run their company on renewable energy and divert upwards of 95% of their waste from landfills through reuse and composting.
- Marketing Administrative Assistant – Fairfield, CT
- Tea Room Attendant – Boise, ID
- Supply Chain Planning Analyst – Fairfield, CT
- Procurement Manager Tea & Ingredients – Fairfield, CT
Zevia is a major brand of zero-calorie, naturally sweetened soda. Their team is on a mission to tackle the health issues associated with sugar consumption, one beverage at a time. Naturally, benefits at Zevia include all the Zevia you can drink. Bottoms up!
- Region Account Manager – San Antonio, Dallas or Houston, TX
- Logistics Manager – Los Angeles, CA