Impact Jobs Roundup: Co-op Edition
This week, Tillamook brings farmer-owners together to deliver delicious dairy products, MiaDonna offers an ethical solution to a jewelry concern, and Rachio makes lawns more sustainable.
Social impact companies come up with all sorts of business models to make a difference in the world. Some donate money, others volunteer time, and many align their product or service with impact-oriented outcomes.
This week, we're featuring job opportunities at Tillamook County Creamery Association, a company operating as a dairy co-op. If you're not familiar with the concept of a co-op or cooperative, it's a business owned by its members. In many cases, the same people who benefit from the product or service also own the company that produces it.
So how does a co-op drive social impact? It's primarily through governance: co-ops serve to benefit their members, not just the business. In that way, they balance the economic needs of a thriving business with their impact on the community in which they operate.
In the case of Tillamook, that means considering the farmers who provide the milk for their products. They share in each other's success.
Which job opportunities will moo-ve you this week?
(I'm sorry, the cows made me do it! 🐮)
Let's take a look:
Tillamook is a farmer co-op delivering delectable dairy delights to your local grocery store. They're a Certified B Corp, and you don't have to be a farmer to make an impact here.
We picked huckleberries as kids living in Washington, and my dad made muffins with them on the weekends. If I had to pick a favorite Tillamook ice cream, it would probably be the huckleberry ice cream – nostalgia makes it taste even better!
- Consumer & Market Insights, Assistant Manager – Portland, OR
- Consumer & Market Insights, Coordinator – Portland, OR
- Consumer PR and Influencer Lead – Portland, OR
- Creative Manager – Portland, OR
- Senior Patron Accountant – Tillamook, OR
- Talent Acquisition Coordinator – Portland, OR
OverDrive is an early innovator in digital reading, helping advance literacy through partnerships with libraries and schools. One of their apps, called Libby, helps people borrow ebooks and audiobooks from their local library, making it easier for libraries to expand their reach to more families.
- Chief Marketing Officer – Cleveland, OH
- Account Manager – Cleveland, OH
- Compensation Specialist – Cleveland, OH
- Account Executive – Cleveland, OH
- Social Media Specialist – Cleveland, OH
- Integrated Marketing Specialist – Cleveland, OH
- Marketing Manager – Cleveland, OH
- QA Analyst – Cleveland, OH
- Site Reliability Engineer – Cleveland, OH
- Intern - Developer – Cleveland, OH
- Intern - Business Management – Cleveland, OH
- Intern - Customer Support – Cleveland, OH
- Intern - Data Analyst – Cleveland, OH
ASPCA, or the American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, is the first humane society established in North America – way back in 1866! Since then, they've offered a range of services to protect animals, including animal rescue, relocation, and a popular poison control hotline.
- Client Programs Liaison – New York, NY
- Data Manager, Membership – Remote
- Director of Operations, Bronx Community Veterinary Clinic – Bronx, NY
- Fleet Administrator – New York, NY
- Manager, Accounts Payable – New York, NY
- Manager, Administration - Behavioral Rehabilitation Center – Weaverville, NC